June 24, 2009

Garment District + TLC = My Boutonnieres

Here they are my long over due boutonnieres. Like I previously mentioned I went to the Garment District in L.A. to buy the supplies needed to make my boutonnieres. Here is the break down of how much I spent.

I only bought one of these flowers because I wanted to make sure this is what I wanted. You can get a dozen for $5.00 or one for 50 cents. The flower comes closed up but it looks great when you open it up.



See the difference after you open up the pedals. Yay for spending 50 cents.




I also used these blue flowers which cost 75 cents a bunch and will make 5 boutonnieres.




I also purchased green petals for 75 cents a bunch which should be enough to make about 5 boutonnieres.



Then I moved onto ribbon which cost me $1.00 and will be used in more wedding related items.



Another type of flower I used was these little orange ones. These cost 50 cents a bunch which should also be enough to make 5 boutonnieres.


I used floral tape to bind everything together and a glue gun to add the ribbon. Here is final product. I hope you like it. Please let me know if I should change anything.


Viola! Total cost for 5 boutonnieres should be:

Blue Flower: $2.50
Small blue Flowers: 75 cents
Orange Flower: 50 cents
Ribbon: $1.00
Floral tape:$ 1.50

Grand total: $6.25 and I will have extra ribbon and tape left over.
Per boutonnieres: $1.25

So, what do you think?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...