March 16, 2011

Baking Inspiration: Disney/Pixar Car Cakes

My friend recently asked me if I would make her son's 3rd birthday cake.  So, what do you think I replied? I sure would! She told me that they invited 100 people and that their theme was Disney/Pixar Cars.  Another thing she mentioned is that she would like a chocolate and Vanilla Cake.  With all this in mind my task this week is to create a fantastic cake that will get the approval of a bunch of 3 year olds.  Tonight I'm going to re watch the movie with my hubby and try to find inspiration from other sites.

Here is what I've found so far:





This one is topped with a buttercream icing but the decorations seem to be made from fondant as well.


This one is very elaborate and I would need to have a cake shop to even consider making it. 


I love the simplicity of this one but once again I would have to learn how to work with fondant in the next couple of days. 


This one is adorable and it doesn't use the black fondant the other use. 


This one is so adorable and has so much detail that I would need about a week to create. 


This one is just amazing. 


This one is different but very impressive. 

Maybe I should just make a very simple cake like this one and top it with store bought cars. 


These are all cute cakes but I'm still in search of even more inspiration including cupcakes and maybe cake pops.  What ever I decide to bake I will blog about it next week.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...