July 24, 2009

You are too good to me Dollar Tree!!

I've taken about a 2 week vacation from the blogging world and wedding planning. Now that I'm refreshed and as the wedding is fast approaching I am ready to get things done. I'll start off with our bathroom baskets. As you know I LOVE the Dollar Tree store and during this past week I made a quick run to purchase things that our guest might need at the wedding. I'm planning to add a cute poem to go along with the baskets to let our guest know that they are welcomed to use the items in the baskets.

Here are the $1 baskets we purchased.


Here they are after I added a ribbon and with the contents they will have.



I recommend that if you are going to have bathroom baskets you buy the items at your local dollar store because the items are cheaper than the travel size containers you might find at Target.


This is the poem I'm thinking of using alongside the baskets:

So happy you're here to share in our special day,
but should something happen to go astray.
Please help yourself to the contents within,
Wet wipe, hand lotion, and even aspirin,
Use only what you need and leave the rest,
It may also be useful to another guest,
So repair the damage that may have been done,
Then hurry on back and join in the fun!
I found it Here.


Another thing I purchased while at the store was my second garter or the one that gets thrown by the groom.

Here is the $1 garter:


I added a dash of color with a blue ribbon.


I don't think that one should spend so much money on something that you are going to use only for a little while and then throw it into the air for your male guest to catch. Don't get me wrong I have seen some amazing garters out there but I decided that our money could be better used elsewhere. This $1 garter will accomplish the job and my HBoO and I are absolutely happy.

Are you going to have bathroom baskets? Are you splurging on the garter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...