September 18, 2009

Recap: Let the Reviewing Begin...

Let me begin by saying that we had the most amazing vendors. Seriously this is not joke they all worked together and it all made for an unforgettable wedding.

Review #1: Shawn Vasquez

Finding the right DJ for our wedding was crucial since we needed someone that was bilingual and upbeat like we are. Our prayers were answered by Daisy13 (Erika) from the the Wedding Bee who sent me a message and recommended Shawn to me. When we first met Shawn we knew that he was unlike other DJ's my hubby and I had spoken to. Other DJ's lacked something that Shawn had which was a genuine concern on how we wanted our day to unfold. We not only spoke to him over the phone but he met with us on a couple of different occasions and indulged us by letting us go see him perform before we actually hired him. (Yes, I know we are totally the kind of people that have to do research before we purchase anything.) We were hooked on Shawn because of his attention to detail and his bilingual abilities. Shawn had a wide range of music from rancheras to cumbias and nortenas. He also has your usual hip hop to country range. Before our wedding we were able to give him a list of songs that we liked and he worked from those and made a playlist of the songs for our wedding.

The day of our wedding he showed up on time and dressed professionally. His tie even matched our wedding colors. Since we had previously set a timeline of how our wedding day was going to be we put it in his hand and everything worked wonderfully. He knew exactly when to get us for things like the grand entrance and the bouquet toss.

Everyone at our wedding had a blast and my parents even commented on how great the DJ was. The music was so great and the atmosphere was so fun that only a couple of people left our wedding and the rest stayed and danced the night away. Needless to say Shawn played everything on our playlist and even made room for request our guests had. For the centerpiece raffle the guest played a game to see who would take it home. He made guest interact with each other and made our wedding a blast. Before the garter toss I couldn't find mine and Shawn said he brought a back up one in case I needed it. I'm telling you this DJ is super organized and had an incredible personality.

Now that I've told you all about his skills lets move on to the fun part: pricing. Shawn is affordable and he is willing to work within your budget. I really believe that his services are worth every penny.

Lets move unto the highlights of the evening and why I say he is worth hiring. My hubby and I had decided that we did not want to do a first dance song and we opted to do the Hockey Pockey instead. We never told the bridal party but we did tell Shawn. Once we did our grand entrance Shawn asked the bridal party to form a circle around us and then he started playing our song. Everyone burst into laughter and as the bridal party looked confused everyone began to dance. The thing that I LOVED and ENJOYED the most was that the music was so amazing that my hubby actually danced. This is a huge deal because I LOVE to DANCE and he hates it. I'm telling you I have never danced so much with my hubby. If he can get someone to dance who absolutely hates it then you know he is worth it.


Shawn Vasquez
(323) 868-3772
djshawnv@yahoo.com


What has been your experience with your DJ or the process of hiring one? Was your DJ worth hiring?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...