November 8, 2009

Recap: Ode to my Father...

On the day of our wedding my father was such a great helper and I just want to thank him for all his hard work.


I woke up on our wedding day with a cold which is not the greatest position to be in on that day. My mom and mother-in-law where out getting dolled up and I still needed to finish up some last minute details. I began to clean the flowers for the bouquets on my own as my father walks in and asks how he can help me. I told him that I was fine and didn't need any help but he refused to listen. Before I knew it he had finished cleaning the flowers and was asking for more tasks. I asked him if he could help me out with the bouquets and he agreed. Let me just tell you that my dad is not the type of father that does those kinds of things and that's what makes it amazing. I loved being able to work alongside my father on my wedding day. We both didn't really say much while we were workingbut I seriously couldn't have asked for a better start to my day. There was such a calm in the air and the rose fragrance just added to the perfect father daughter moment. At that point I wasn't a bride but merely his little girl needing help arranging flowers. Let me just tell you that I didn't really get too emotional the day of the wedding as I did at that precise moment. I don't know if he realized how much it meant to me or if he felt the same way about it but what I do know is that my father the one who says he can't express emotion gave me more that day than any I love you's can ever say.
As the day progressed and with the bouquets finished I realized that my father on my wedding day was not the Latino chauvinist macho male who always had it under control and never cried but a sensitive, sweet man that was giving away his little girl at the alter. When it came time to place my hands in my now hubby's hands my daddy shed a tear.


This is a photo of my dad getting ready for the wedding. My goddaughter Julissa is helping him put on his tie.

My father is telling me he wants 3 grandchildren as he is giving me his blessing before we leave the apartment.

Its almost show time.


My daddy giving me away to the love of my life. I love this photo.




{All photos were taken by Studio 7 Photography.}

1 comment:

Alicia said...

How very sweet of your father!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...