Red Velvet Cake Balls Adapted from here:What you need:
1 Red Velvet cake box mix (Say it aint so, but alas I just couldn't find myself baking a cake and then destroying it for this experiment.)
1 Can of Cream Cheese Frosting (Yep I'm talking about the pre-made stuff here too.)
2. Wait for the cake to cool and then crumble cake completely into a large bowl
3. Add 1 can of cream cheese frosting to cake mixture (Don't be afraid to use your hands. Trust me its lots of fun but sticky.)
4. Use your fingers or a melon scooper to form little balls. (I rolled them by hand.)
5. Chill them for several hours (I did them overnight and the next day they were ready to roll in chocolate.)
7. Once you are ready to dip the balls in chocolate I suggest you use either a toothpick or a spoon to do it. (If the cake balls are not cold enough you will have issues with the crumbs that come off them.)
8. Place the rolled chocolate covered balls carefully onto wax or parchment paper to finish setting. (Don't put them in the refrigerator because condensation will mess them up and won't allow them to set completely.)
The coolest thing about this recipe is that you can get as creative as you would like. You can use different cake mixes and frostings to create all kinds of interesting flavors.
So, what should these creations be known as? Cake balls? Cake bites? Cake Pops?