January 31, 2012

Sweets: The Pioneer Woman's Amazing Cinnamon Rolls

I can't believe the obsession I've developed with Pinterest and one night as I was looking through the countless pins I saw this and this.  These pins reminded me of my cousin's love for cinnamon rolls.  When I lived at my aunts house every so often I would surprise my cousin's with cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I've been wanting to make cinnamon rolls for a few months now and after seeing the pins all around Pinterest I decided that it was time. The problem was that there is countless of recipes out there and I wasn't sure which one to pick.  After a couple of hours I decided on the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls.  All I have to say is yikes! These may not be like the ones I used to bring home to my cousin's (no pixie dust on them) but they were so yummy.



At first I was a tad intimidated about using yeast but once I got started it was quite easy.  If you've been hesitant in using it trust me its not that difficult to use.  I let the yeast sit for a few minutes before mixing in the flour.  After the flour was mixed in with the yeast the hubby and I went for a walk.  About an hour later we returned and the dough had doubled.


Once you put in the rest of the ingredients I placed it in the refrigerator and let it rest overnight.  In the morning I let the dough sit out for about half an hour before I began to roll it out.  Since I have a tiny kitchen I used our table to roll it out about half of it. After I put the melted butter on, the cinnamon and the sugar the dough become really messy.  Please be prepared for some of the mixture to squeeze out because I wasn't.


Doesn't my little log look lovely? The first batch didn't look as nice I had hoped for but the second batch turned out much nicer.  I had to let the dough rise in the pans a tad more to double because I made these on a cold day.   


The maple frosting is sweet and keep in mind that the coffee flavor is not overpowering.  The combination of the frosting and the rolls tastes like a yummy maple bar. 


I know my photos are not as nice as the Pioneer Woman's but I did try my best.  What I learned about this experience was that in order for yeast to be active and the dough to rise you have to place it somewhere warm.  These cinnamon rolls were delicious and the maple frosting was scrumptious.  I scaled the recipe to half and that was plenty to share with my family and a neighbor.  I gave some to my neighbor and he went nuts over them.

Please visit the Pioneer Woman for this amazing cinnamon rolls recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...