July 5, 2012

Sweets: Easy Peasy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (Pinterest Inspiration)

Like most of you guys out there I'm a tad obsessed with Pinterest. This week I've decided that it was time to stop pinning and start doing.  For my first project I choose this pin from Artsy Fartsy Mama since it seemed easy enough to do especially since I had overripe banana's on the counter.  The hubby is used to my from scratch banana nut bread so I wasn't sure how he was going to react to this bread.




 Easy Peasy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Adapted from Artsy Fartsy Mama








Ingredients:

  • White or Yellow Cake Mix
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3-4 Overripe Bananas
  • 1/2 - 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
  • Dash of Cinnamon (Optional) 
  • Dash of Nutmeg (Optional)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Prepare pans by greasing them with either nonstick cooking spray, butter, or cake release.
  3. Smash bananas in bowl or you can use a hand held mixer like I did.
  4. Add eggs and vanilla (optional) into banana bowl and mix.
  5. Add cake mix into bowl and mixed all ingredients together. 
  6. Add the rest of the ingredients together but be careful not to overbeat. 
  7. Pour mixture into prepared pans.
  8. Place in center oven racks at 350°.
  9. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.  Bake longer if using a bigger pan. 
  10. Let cool complete before serving.
Tip: This bread taste better the next day.  You can serve it over vanilla ice cream for an extra yummy treat. Adding the extra spices is totally worth it. Next time I'll try a Spice Cake Mix. 

Overall the hubby thought that this bread was pretty good especially after letting it sit for a day but you can't beat banana bread from scratch.  I can't wait to try out more Pinterest recipes and share them with you! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Barbara Bakes said...

I need to start cooking from the pins too. You can't go wrong with banana bread with chocolate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...