Easy Peasy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Adapted from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- White or Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 3-4 Overripe Bananas
- 1/2 - 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Dash of Cinnamon (Optional)
- Dash of Nutmeg (Optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pans by greasing them with either nonstick cooking spray, butter, or cake release.
- Smash bananas in bowl or you can use a hand held mixer like I did.
- Add eggs and vanilla (optional) into banana bowl and mix.
- Add cake mix into bowl and mixed all ingredients together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients together but be careful not to overbeat.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans.
- Place in center oven racks at 350°.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Bake longer if using a bigger pan.
- Let cool complete before serving.
Tip: This bread taste better the next day. You can serve it over vanilla ice cream for an extra yummy treat. Adding the extra spices is totally worth it. Next time I'll try a Spice Cake Mix.
Overall the hubby thought that this bread was pretty good especially after letting it sit for a day but you can't beat banana bread from scratch. I can't wait to try out more Pinterest recipes and share them with you!