July 13, 2009

Help...I'm getting burned out!!

Let me begin by saying I LOVE WEDDINGS. I have been completely in love with them ever since I got to be the flower girl in my cousin's wedding when I was 5 years old. (I wish I had a picture to show you but they are all at my parents house.) Then in 1989 my parents gave me the Wedding Fantasy Barbie. Oh joy, to see her wonderful hair, her stunning makeup and all the accessories she came with. It was the best gift I ever received as a child and I kept her groomed and clean unlike most of my friends had theirs.




I tell you all this because I want you to know how dedicated I am to weddings but lately it's been so hard to think straight. Yesterday I told my HBoO that I needed to get out of the house because I felt that my imagination and creativity had thrown up all over the living room. I have a designated corner for all wedding things but lately that corner has expanded to include the living room. Everywhere I look there are wedding related items and I'm up to my head with people asking me nothing but wedding questions. AHHH!! I even went to Michael's to get out of the house and I didn't feel the magical spark I usually get when I walk into the store. What's wrong with me? Well I decided to take a little break this week and not touch any DIY projects to prevent myself from further burning myself out. I don't feel stressed out but I have noticed that my eczema is acting up. We are less than two months away and I think I need a vacation from all my wedding planning. Needless to say I'm taking a couple of days off away from everything wedding including my beloved wedding blogs. I need time to recharge before the sprint we are going to face in a few weeks. Thank goodness that my mommy is coming in next week to help me out a tad. (Well, she is actually going to be here for my bridal shower but I think she can tell the anxiety I'm beginning to feel.)

How are you handling the "stress" or feeling of never ending projects? Is someone stepping in to help you?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

TheRoddyBride said...

I actually took a vacation (4 days) to see my FMIL and her hubby in NC. That helped out a lot. I was able to get away from everything. Sometimes that is not doable so walking away from the projects for a few days should help you. Remember to breathe and relax. Without you the wedding is nothing.

Take care!

ColShelly said...

whoa... wedding burn-out... i'm right there with ya! good idea to take a break to "recharge." feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...