March 26, 2010

Life: Est. 2001

9 years ago today a boy took a girl on a date...

On March 26, 2001 a boy, who I thought was only my friend, took me on an unbelievable date.  We where both 19 years old at the time and working together at the "Happiest Place on Earth.  Little did I know at that time that this very quiet and shy boy would end up being my husband.  I should have known he was a keeper when a dozen long stem roses arrived at my house before our date began. The best part was that they weren't cheesy red ones, in fact I don't think he's ever given me red roses.  When he arrived I was extremely nervous and I could tell his nerves were worse than mine.  We ended up going bowling first at a really old bowling ally that no longer exists. Once traffic died down (remember that we live in Southern Cali where traffic is horrible) we headed off to the Santa Monica Promenade where we walked around getting to know each other.  At this point I was completely intrigued with him and the manner in which he made me think.  We made the usual small talk but somewhere in between it we realized that our political ideals, values and morals were very similar.  This boy really made me think and I love that about him.  With the night fast approaching we headed off to Long Beach where he said he was going to give me a tour of the city.  He took me to Signal Hill where he showed me the spectacular view from up there, I was completely swoon. I was falling fast for this boy and I hadn't realized it before. When he took me home I hesitated to go into my house because I was really enjoying talking to him.  Once I knew I had to go in my heart began to palpitate faster as I began dreading the kissing question.  Should I or shouldn't I kiss him on our first date? Well needless to say I decided not to.  He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he said good night.  This made me want to kiss him even more.  He later told me that he regrets not kissing me on our first date because he really wanted to.

Fast forward to 9 years later...
We are still completely in love with each other and he still makes me think.  In fact I fall in love with him more with every passing day and I'm glad that the boy took the girl on the date.  

Where did you and your significant other go on your first date? 

1 comment:

Ronnica said...

What great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...