June 28, 2010

Love is Sweet: Part 1

I'm back and just like I promised I will be sharing with you all that I've done. I will begin by telling you about my friend's wedding that took place on June 18, 2010.  My friend and her new husband were fortunate enough to get married at one of the most beautiful venues I've ever been to, the Pelican Hill.  They had a lovely wedding and the service at the venue was top  notch.  I couldn't believe that I was among the several vendors they hired.  I'm not a professional by any means but my friend wanted me to do her candy buffet since she saw mine at our wedding.  The theme at our wedding was Love is Sweet and the candy buffet idea fit perfectly with it.  Since I haven't shared with you my candy buffet here it is along with a little bit about how it came together.


My friend Kay along with the Cheesecake Factory Staff set up the candy buffet at my wedding and  I was pleased with the result.


Kay gave me the idea of doing the little spoons and I loved them when I was finished with them.


I bought the take out boxes from Paper Mart and jazzed them up a tad to fit our wedding. 


I bought the candy at Costco, at Target (insert any holiday sale here), and at See's Candies (please note that state employees get a discount and I found someone that was able to get it for me).


Kay made the adorable flowers and I was very grateful she was able to help me out with these.


I bought all the candy containers at RossMarshall's, and the Dollar Tree.  There was no way I was going to pay full price for anything.  Get creative when looking for candy containers you'll be amazed how cheap you can find them.  I found the smaller ones for $1 and the bigger ones for $12.

On part 2 I will share with you my friend's candy buffet and her wedding pictures...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...