July 1, 2010

Love is Sweet: Part 2


In my previous post I showed you our candy buffet and told you that I was fortunate enough do have done my friends candy buffet too.  Now I would like to show you photos from my friend's wedding.



I purchased a "photo box" at Marshall's and added some ribbon around it pretty it up.  I bought all the gold and purple ribbon at the Fabric Barn.  If you haven't had the chance to visit down town Los Angeles's Fashion District and live near Long Beach you should really check out this place.


I bought the bags at Paper Mart and decorated them with purple card stock from Michael's.  Since my friend wanted me to keep everything simple I stamped a thank you on them and added some ribbon. I think they turned out very good.


I bought some of the candy from Powell's Sweet ShoppeBig Lots, Target, and from Costco.  I did the name tags with ivory and purple card stock and wrote the names myself.


I left a gap between the candy because they were also going to have a "kid" cake.  I purchased all the jars at the Flea Mart or Swapmeet and cleaned them up myself.  If you choose this route don't be afraid to haggle with the people.  




I bought everything for $350 and it served about 100 people.  My friend only wanted the candy buffet for the children but unfortunately the adults at the wedding didn't get the message. The candy was not enough for the 170 guest she had and since she originally told me it was for 70 people I only gave myself a small cushion.


My hubby snatched this photo to show me how successful the candy buffet was.  Next time I'll make sure to ask how many guest are actually invited to the wedding.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...