July 11, 2010

Life: Mending a Broken Heart

Like I previously mentioned I began this blog when I was planning my wedding and now it has grown into my personal outlet where I share with the world my inner thoughts.  Okay, so I might be exaggerating a tad but I do like sharing with you real things that are going on in my life.


Here is my dilemma:


A close friend of mine has a broken heart (yes it is a friend and no it's not me) and I don't know how to fix it.  I feel like I might be taking a different approach than my other friends and I don't know if I'm being too insensitive.  Let's just say that the love of her life did something that he shouldn't have and they broke up as a result of it.  I love her dearly and even had her stay at our apartment for a couple of days until she finds her own place.  The problem is that a lot of our mutual friends keep texting me and asking me what they should do to cheer her up.  I believe that she should have time to "grieve" the relationship and then go out but my other friends are adamant about taking her out.  Please keep in mind that this happened a few days ago.


The questions I have for you are:
  • Do you believe infamous claim once a cheater always a cheater?
  • Should someone have a grieving period after a relationship ends? If so how long?
  • Am I being too insensitive by not taking her out and about myself?
  • If your best friend had a broken heart what would you do to cheer her up?     


I should know the questions to all these answers but I feel that it's always good to get an outsiders perspective.


I would appreciate any feed back you can give me as I attempt once more to help my friend mend her broken heart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, that's never happy news. :( If I was the broken hearted one I'd for sure want time to be left the heck alone and grieve... but I'd ask your friend what she wants/needs right now and go with that. And call me pessimistic, but I do believe once a cheater always a cheater.

♥ Elena said...

Thanks RJ. I asked my friend and she told me she wanted to be left alone. I'm agree with you on the second part too.

mending your broken heart said...

One of the best ways to help friends is to take them out and do things that are physical. Sports, something outdoors. Its cool to talk it out with your friend, but dont let your friend do it too long. Becomes repetative after a while.

♥ Elena said...

thanks for the great tips. she has taken up swimming lately. :D life seems to slowly be getting better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...