July 13, 2010

Recipes: Glazed Brussels Sprouts

I went to do my monthly grocery shopping the other day and I found myself standing in the produce section looking at recipe cards the grocers have for customers to take.  I grabbed one that said Glazed Brussels Sprouts  and I headed on my way.  Please keep in mind that I had never purchased this vegetable or even tasted it.




Today I prepared them and to my surprise they were pretty tasty. My hubby liked them but didn't love them.  I'm trying to expand our palate and as I do that I will share with you my experiences.


Here is the recipe I got from Ralphs:


3 tbsp. butter
1 lb. small Brussels sprouts halved
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of water




Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. 


Add Brussels sprouts; toss to coat.


Add 1/4 cup of water; cook covered, for about 8 minutes.


Remove cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and sprouts are lightly browned.


Stir in syrup and mustard; stir to coat sprouts. Cook and stir 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.


Here is another recipe that you might want to try. 
Here is more information on Brussels sprouts. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...