Adapted from Allrecipes
· 15 graham crackers, crushed (I used my blender to crush them a little bit at a time.)
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
· 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (Make sure it's soft when you're going to make it.)
· 1 1/2 cups white sugar
· 3/4 cup milk
· 4 eggs
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Make sure ingredients are at room temperature because you'll save yourself some time and the cheesecake will turn out better.
3. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
5. Place bain-marie and pan into the oven.
7. Optional: Decorate with fresh strawberries or drizzle chocolate on top. The possibilities are endless.
For my cousin's cheesecake I decided to make a strawberry sauce and mixed it between the layers to add more character to it. I made the sauce with strawberries, corn starch, lemon juice and sugar. I let it simmer down and cool before I added it to the cheesecake and swirled it around a bit before adding the rest.
It takes a long time to make cheesecake but it is worth all the time and effort. Everyone raved on about the cheesecake and my cousin enjoyed my present.