August 23, 2011

Blogging for Jennie (#afundforjennie)

I know I've been out of the blogging world for a few months now (as a matter of fact my husband just gave me a puzzled look as I left the living room and I told him I was going to write this post) but I've still kept up with my favorite blogs.  Last week I noticed that a lot of the food bloggers that I follow were baking peanut butter pies and I knew it couldn't be a coincidence especially since I kept seeing #piesformikey attached to the recipes.  It turns out that a beloved food blogger named Jennifer Perrillo from In Jennie's Kitchen suddenly became a widow and a single mom to two adorable little girls.  I cried as I read this post and was touched by how the blogging community reacted.  I said a little prayer for her and her family and kept them in my mind for the remainder of the day.  Her tragedy had an affect on many bloggers out there and a list quickly grew for Pies for Mikey.  The blogging community has taken this a tad further than simply baking pies and desserts in Mikey's honor. Bloggers without Borders has set up a donation site where one can donate or bid on different items that are being auctioned.  I urge you to read her story and try to donate as much as you can by clicking on the banner below.

Donate to Bloggers Without Borders
Thanks in advance!! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...