February 20, 2010

Brown Sugar Pound Cake...(Cake 2)

So I'm sure you realize that its the 2nd pound cake that I made.  When I made this cake my hubby exclaimed this is the best cake you've ever made and I just smiled.  This cake I decided to make this cake for my hubby and his co-workers.  I knew it was going to be a stressful week for them and since I try to bake for them something at least once every two months I figured it was about that time. 

Things new to me:
shortening

What I learned from this recipe:
Making Cream Cheese frosting is not that difficult
My oven temperature is on target

My mom has cooked or more liked baked with shortening but since I hadn't done that before I'll stick it under things new to me.


Since I had previously learned that being patient is a good thing when baking I put my new skill to the test.  Since I began my little adventure I haven't opened the oven once but I did set the timer for a shorter amount of time for some reason I thought it was faster.  This cake was a tad underdone but I'm glad that I now know the truth about my oven.



I made the Cream Cheese Frosting Melissa (okay so we are not on a first name basis but since I figure I'll probably never meet her its cool) and I'm glad I did because it was delicious. It gave the pound cake a little something it needed. 


So what did my hubby's co-workers think about this pound cake? Well, let's just say that people who normally don't have meeting around his desk were doing it that day. I personally didn't think it was as amazing as my hubby thought but maybe that's because I'm not really into brown sugar and he is. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...