February 18, 2010

The Wedding is Over and Now What...

Now that I no longer have to spend my nights diy items for the wedding I seem to have more times to myself and for my hubby.  Many people told me that there was going to be avoid and I wondered to myself if this was going to be true.  I began my fall quarter shortly after the wedding and that filled up some of my time but not all of it.  One of the things that has filled up my time is baking. I love to bake! I'm not a pastry chef by any means but I love every minute of it.



On el dia de los Reyes Magos which falls on January 6th my hubby surprised me with a book I wanted.  He got me All Cakes Considered a book that one of the producers from NPR, Melissa Gray wrote.  As I began to read it I was becoming more excited about all the baking possibilities and who besides my hubby I was going to share all the deliciousness with.  Melissa Gray writes that she shared her pastries with the staff of All Things Considered I mean the hubby and I love to eat but eating everything ourselves that's just nuts. I don't work so I don't have co-workers to share it with but I do have friends and family which is what I've been doing.  So far I have baked 5 cakes from the book and now I have decided to share them with you.

Note: I will not be posting the recipes here because I really think getting the book is worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...