October 24, 2011

Life: Honeymoon Day 3 (Part 2)

As I was saying here we walked around for a long time because we were wasting time until it was our turn to see the the State Rooms in Buckingham Palace.  You guys should know by now why I would be interested in visiting Buckingham Palace and if you don't let me just say for the "dress" of course.


We wanted to go into Parliament but we ended not getting tickets so we skipped it and went into Jewel Tower instead.


Jewel Tower wasn't all that it was cracked out to be but the entry fee was cheap so why not. 


From Jewel Tower we walked over to St. Margaret's Church


The inside of the church was beautiful but since you're not supposed to take photos in there I couldn't take many photos.  However, I did manage to get a photo of where the Speaker seats at.  If you guys didn't know by now I majored in Political Science so this was totally up my alley. 


We really wanted to go into Westminster Abbey but we ran out of time so we decided to save it for our next trip to London.  


After some more walking we realized we hadn't eaten anything all day so we headed out to look for some fish and chips.   Eating fish and chips was one of the must things to do.


What better place to enjoy some take away fish and chips than at St. James's Park while we did some people watching.  I love that they have lawn chairs in the park for people to rent. 


I would love to be able to post photos from what we saw inside the State Rooms but photography is prohibited inside Buckingham Palace.   Everything inside was exquisite and breathtaking.  However, the reason we went inside the State Rooms was to see the famous wedding dress.  I had to see it in person since I was one of those crazy people that watched the live broadcast on t.v.  I seriously couldn't believe how beautiful Kate Middleton's wedding dress was. The dress itself was worth the money we paid for the entrance.  


We headed back to the hotel to rest for a bit before going out to our next stop.  We had always wanted to see Wicked but we hadn't gotten around to it Los Angeles.  When I found out it was playing at the Apollo Victoria Theater in London I jumped on the chance.  I got fairly inexpensive tickets but I have to say the seats were amazing.  The theater was lovely and the locals were simply charming.  I can't wait to see it again in the Pantages theater in Los Angeles. 


...To be continued...

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...