January 5, 2012

Life: Honeymoon Day 6

After the fantastic day we had in Versailles I ended up waking up with a cold on our sixth day in Paris.  If I was at home I probably would have stayed in bed and rested but since we were in Paris I decided to have a fun filled day.  We first headed out to les Invalides to see Napoleon's tomb before going to Disneyland Paris.  Our hotel was about a fifteen minutes walk away from les Invalides.


I can't say I really enjoyed being here since the cold medicine I had purchased hadn't kick in yet. The tomb was unbelievable and it fits what is said about Napoleon perfectly.  We used our Paris Museum Pass to get in.


The hubby is a huge history buff and since we finished looking at the tomb early on we decided to use our museum pass once more and went into the Musée de l'Armée.  We saw several war propaganda, weapons, uniforms, videos, and other articles from several wars.  I have a lot of photos so let me know if you guys are interested in some.


Once we were done at the museums we took the RER from Paris to Disneyland.  Please keep in mind that it costs a tad more than the regular train ticket to get to Disneyland and its about 45 minutes away.  The coolest thing that happened on the train was when a gentleman got on with an accordion and began playing traditional French songs.  It was simply amazing!


We were not sure if we wanted to visit Disneyland but we figured since we were already there we should check it out.  Who am I kidding? You know I love Disney so you bet I was going to go check out Disneyland while I was there.  A couple of my friends had visited Disneyland a week before us and they loved it.


I love the Disneyland Hotel in Paris. Doesn't it look incredible? I wish the one we have here in California would look like the one over there.


Being the Disney geek that I am I couldn't wait to go inside and see the castle.


I was so happy to see the castle but I was still sick with a cold so I made a stop at first aid to get some much needed medicine.  I don't know what the lovely nurses gave me but I felt great and I was able to enjoy the rest of my visit in the park.  Can you tell I'm sick?


The best attraction by far was Space Mountain: Mission 2.  I can't even begin to tell you how good that attraction is.


The park was so busy that we decided not to go into all the attractions. We chose specific ones that we love and focused on those.  We went on Pirates of the Caribbean and we thought the one at Disneyland is actually better. One of the attractions that surprised us on how much fun it was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Before we did Pirates we got a fast pass for Thunder Mountain.  It seemed like Thunder Mountain was much longer in Paris which turns out to be true but only by 30 seconds not the extra minutes we thought it was.  We LOVED the Paris version of this classic attraction.


After we finished with Thunder we headed to another one of our favorite Disneyland attractions, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril.  This is by far the only attraction that we thought was not worth the 90 minutes wait time. The attraction is a little over a minute long and is really cool but not worth the wait.  I guess we're just used to the Disneyland version of it.


We went on our honeymoon in late September and although we were too early for Haunted Mansion to be dressed up for Halloween some of the decorations surrounding the castle were delightful.


Once we were finished going on some attractions we went to Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and got ourselves some yummy treats.  I ordered a waffle with ice cream and the hubby once more decided to get a crepe.  By the time I took this photo he had already finished his crepe. 


I am glad we went because now we can cross another Disney park off our list.  Afterwards we decided that not to go into the Walt Disney Studio Park since I was still sick.  We ended our day with a little shopping at the Disney Village. 


...To be continued...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...